Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I
beautiful because you love
me?


~Oscar Hammerstein II

7.14.2010

First Thoughts

As a first-time blogger, I can honestly say I don't know where to begin. I have a lot to share, but am always afraid to share too much.
Today was a long day for me even though I was personally unproductive. I spent the entire day worrying about our puppy, Remmi. For the last few months he's been having seizures. Those may be easy to get under control, but as of yesterday morning he developed a digestive issue. Tomorrow I'll have to devote my day to figuring out what his new issue is. I'm sure it has something to do with his goat-like diet.
On a different note, I have had many realizations in the last couple of weeks. One being that too many people take life for granted and don't bother to cherish those around them. Losing two loved ones last winter was hard, and they were almost joined by my father this spring. It's a scary thing to nearly lose a person you were convinced would somehow live forever. I'm not sure when I decided my dad was never going to die, but I know I did because I was shocked by the reality that he was, in fact, mortal.
I hope to spend the rest of my life getting to know my loved-ones better and being close to them while they are still here to hold.
There is so much to do in such a short life. People need to slow down and live. Money doesn't matter when you die... and it certainly doesn't bring back a loved one. Money speeds up this already fast-moving world. Success should not be measured in prestige, money, fashion, or any other worldly "things." They will not help a person learn, grow, and most importantly love.
Although I think I have almost always known these things I did not really think about them much until this last year (and especially this last week).

Well, for someone who didn't know where to begin I've said quite a lot. I should probably go to bed now, so.... until next time...!

1 comment:

  1. I have become very attached to my blog, however it has taken me a little while to get back to it. I still like to use it to convey my thoughts... not that anyone really wants to always know whats in my head, I guess it's sorta like my cyber journal. I think you will enjoy it as much as I do... Good luck with little Remmie... sure hope he is ok and there won't be anything really serious wrong... Let us know what the verdict ends up being... <3 U

    ReplyDelete